Convenient Banking that moves at the speed of you.
Need to pay a bill on the go? Deposit a check from the comfort of your couch? Check an account balance before checking out at the store? Tap, tap, done. With MobileDirect mobile banking, you have every convenience right at your fingertips. And because it uses the same authentication and encryption technology as our Web Banking service, you can rest assured that all of your transactions are safe and secure. MobileDirect lets you:
- Pay bills
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Deposit checks
- Check your account balance
- Review transaction history
- Locate the closest affiliated ATM
- I’m in! Follow the steps below to get started.
GET STARTED NOW WITH MOBILE BANKING
First, be sure you are enrolled in our Online Banking service. If you are not currently enrolled, contact our Member Services Center during business hours and sign up.
Next, get to know your device options – and how they work with mobile banking. MobileDirect is available across a range of devices – but what if you’re not quite sure which one will work for you? We’ve put together a quick tutorial to help you along.
Smartphones and tablets
Smartphones are characterized by their ability to connect to the Internet through a phone carrier data plan, or by connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot. These devices are the “sweet spot” for accessing information (like mobile banking) on the run. Among the most popular smartphones are Apple’s iPhone and various Android models. Smartphones all have “launch icons” in common, which are basically like personal computer shortcuts that open up an application.
Tablet’s main advantage is a larger screen. The most popular tablets are Apple’s iPad and various Android models. Like smartphones, tablets all have “launch icons” in common. Also like smartphones, tablets are characterized by their ability to connect to the Internet through a phone carrier data plan, or by connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- To use MobileDirect on your smartphone or tablet, you will either go to the Apple Store if you have an iPad, or to Google Play if you have an Android tablet and download an application that will put a “launch icon” on your tablet screen.
Mobile phones with internet browsers
Unlike smartphones and tablets that use launch icons to access applications, some mobile phones function more like a mini-web browser.
- To use a mobile internet browser, all you have to do to access the mobile banking home page is open a browser and enter Direct Federal’s web address (http://www.direct.com/). Enter your username and password – the same you use for Online Banking – and select the Log In button. No separate or different registration is required. Verify your identity by either text or phone call then select the Continue button to access Mobile Web Banking. Blackberry devices are the most popular example of this type of device.
Mobile phones with text-only capabilities
Some mobile phones do not have Internet capabilities, but they do have text-messaging capabilities (provided through a service provider). For mobile phones with text-only capabilities, you can take advantage of Direct Federal’s “TextDirect” service. TextDirect offers less functionality than smartphones or tablets, but allows you to transfer funds and check your account balances and history.
- To use TextDirect. Log into Direct Federal’s Online Banking from a personal computer and go to the Alerts and Notifications tab. Select Activate and enter your phone number when prompted. To complete activation you will receive a text message containing a validation code, which will need to be entered on the activation screen on your computer. You can activate up to two mobile phone numbers at a time. In addition, within Alerts and Notifications you can also select a transfer source account and schedule alerts.
Finally, enjoy the convenience of banking anytime, anywhere! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 781.455.6500.