Benefits that go beyond banking
The fundamental difference between a bank and a credit union is in who owns each. Banks are owned by investors, credit unions are owned by their members. It's that simple. When you join a credit union, like Direct Federal, a small $5 deposit (provided by us) buys you a common share. With that simple transaction, you become a part-owner of your credit union, giving you access to several benefits
At Direct Federal, membership starts with receiving exceptional rates on loans and deposit accounts. But that’s definitely not where it ends. When you join us at Direct Federal, you can take advantage of services and benefits that go far beyond great rates, including the following FREE services:
- Federally insured deposits
- 24/7 Online Access that includes Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Card Management, and more.
- Local, knowledgeable contact center based in Needham, MA
- Easy and quick service at our branch location
- ATM Transactions*
- Coin Counting
- Notary service and medallion signature guarantee
*Direct Federal will not charge an ATM usage fee. However, the ATM owner may assess a surcharge fee for which the credit union will reimburse you (up to $5.00 per month). Additionally, all transactions at SUM and Publix locations are surcharge-free.