Now Accepting Applications for our NEW Young Professional Advisory Board
Direct Federal, the fastest growing credit union in the state, is looking for the best and brightest early to mid-career professionals in the Boston area to join their new Young Professional Advisory Board.
The perspectives and priorities of young professionals are crucial to the future of not only Direct Federal but also the financial services industry. This new advisory board provides emerging leaders an opportunity to give voice to this key demographic, helping Direct become an even more progressive, inclusive, and responsive organization.
The advisory board will meet quarterly and be a forum for open dialogue, collaboration, and networking. As a member of the Direct Federal Advisory Group, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with other emerging leaders in the Boston area
- Engage with executives to help formulate a strategy for sustained growth
- Discuss new and innovative trends in banking products and services
- Build your resume and LinkedIn profile with not-for-profit board service
- Receive a small compensation and dinner from leading area restaurants quarterly
Direct Federal Credit Union has seen unprecedented growth the past three consecutive years. Our unique business model, which has a strong focus on our digital channels, has propelled us to the top of the list of fastest growing credit unions across the country. This advisory board will provide the insights, advice and guidance we need to help sustain our growth in years to come.
- Provide insight into banking preferences and technology’s role in meeting these preferences
- Suggest improvements to Direct Federal’s financial products and services
- Offer feedback regarding any issue that may hinder Direct Federal’s effectiveness in serving people within the ages of 23-39
- Provide suggestions and input for new products and services related to this age demographic
- Make suggestions on how to improve perception, utilization, and satisfaction of members (customers) within this demographic and in general.
- Demonstrated success in one’s academic careers, business, or profession
- Between the age of 23 and 39
- Not employed by a bank or credit union in Massachusetts
- Meetings are held four times per year. Meetings will take place in February, May, August, and November on the first Tuesday of the month beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Meetings will be held at a restaurant in the immediate area of Needham, MA. Dinner is included.
- Compensation will be provided for meeting attendees.
Board Size and Term of Appointment:
- The advisory board size will be limited to 12 members.
- Advisory appointments are normally two years. Applicants do not have to be a current Direct Federal member to apply.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and answers to the below questions to:
Director of Marketing
781.433.2900 Ext. 215
- Why are you interested in serving on Direct Federal’s Young Professional Advisory Board?
- What areas of expertise do you feel you can contribute?
- Are you happy with your current financial institution? Why or why not?