Join the direct team!
Direct Federal is a fast growing, progressive credit union in Needham, MA located in the N2 Innovation District of Route 128. Recently voted one of the 200 healthiest credit unions in the country we pride ourselves on offering great rates, remarkable service, and easy access. Direct received awards in 2019 from the Credit Union National Association for both Employee Engagement and Innovative Staff Development. Obviously we're not the only ones who think we've got something special here. We offer an impressive benefits package including medical and dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick, personal time, flexible scheduling, 401k with company match, and pension plan. Join the team at Direct Federal for an opportunity to enhance your career in a dynamic and fun work environment where you will feel valued. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Full-Time Benefits Include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical & dental insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Shuttle service from the Green Line
- Student loan pay down program
- Vacation / sick / personal
Direct Federal is looking for a passionate Project Management intern to join our PMO to help achieve our ambitious 2020 goals. You will have access to a rich array of business analysis work and will gain valuable Project Management experience. This position requires you to utilize your analytical abilities and stellar people skills. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in the financial services industry, as well as those looking for exposure to enterprise-wide, multi-layered program initiatives. This internship will provide a solid foundation for IT Project Management, as well as exposure to non-technical Project Management. If you have a goal to get a PM certification, this opportunity will help you attain the required hours, as well as gain PMI references needed for the exam.
FUNCTIONAL AREA RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in supporting the organization-wide adoption of a new PM system by helping train and support new and existing users.
· Help design PMO reporting and provide valuable insights to internal customers.
· Step in to provide PM coverage for project team meetings as needed.
· Help facilitate team discussions to reach consensus.
· Assist with project document archiving and quality assurance steps to assess whether project leads are following PMO guidelines, providing coaching as needed.
· Provide business analysis and organizational support to different aspects of program as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Required)
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
Solid verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Optional)
Course work in Project Management, Business Analysis, or Quality Management
Experience supporting project or work teams
Understanding of basic banking concepts
Knowledge of Wrike PM software