Membership Means More
Membership Means More focuses on developing long-term relationships to help all members of our community gain financial education, establish savings goals and build credit.
We understand the importance of making banking accessible and affordable, and that is what we have done with our free Community Checking. With no restrictions, no requirements and no fees, our free Community Checking is for anyone who lives, works, worships, or goes to school in Norfolk or Middlesex Counties, and has an annual household income of less than $60,000. This checking account receives all the same benefits as our Hub Checking account, without the requirement of e-statements, direct deposit, or five (5) debit card transactions per month. With our free Community Checking, you will enjoy:
- Unlimited reimbursement of all ATM fees and surcharges from ATMs worldwide
- Unlimited free standard checks
- Free annual credit report
- Discounts on Direct Federal loan products
- Easy, 24/7, account access through Direct.com
- Access to Person to Person payments for transferring money to anyone at any bank
- Robust Mobile Wallet solution including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and more
To open a Community Checking account, you need a valid Driver's License, State ID, or Passport, and a Social Security Number. We do not require proof of income for this account. Our application is quick and easy and can be done online, by phone, or in person at our branch in Needham.
From paying bills to building a savings account, getting your finances in order is no easy task. But it’s also one you can’t afford to ignore. That’s why we created DirectLIFE—Life Informed Financial Education. We invite you to explore our free Financial Education Center and learn the ins and outs of managing your money. You’ll find a variety of tools and resources to help you save smarter and spend wiser. Click the image below to visit DirectLIFE.